Editing positions I’ve held:
Copy Editor, Missourian, Jan. 2017-Present
- Portfolio of my best work
- Use SEO practices for headlines and summaries.
- Copyedit and fact check articles, graphics and photos.
- Package multimedia stories with video, graphics and photos.
Editor, MU Earth blog & Farm Journal Oct. 2016
- Copyedited articles about international food issues discussed at the 2016 World Food Prize conference in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Monitored the blog’s twitter account.
Journalism Writing Intensive Tutor, University of Missouri Writing Center, Aug. 2013-May 2017
- Coach students to become better writers.
- Mentor future tutors.
- Copyedit articles and essays.
Editorial Intern, Philanthropy magazine, Aug. 2015-Dec. 2015
- Wrote, edited and fact checked articles on national philanthropic news for the fall 2015, spring 2016, and winter 2016 quarterly issues.
- Copyedited and designed the reference book “The Almanac of American Philanthropy.”
- Formatted and published a giving guidebook..
Assistant Publicist, Philanthropy magazine, Aug. 2015-Dec. 2015
- Coordinated book tour.
- Crafted promotional materials for “The Almanac of American Philanthropy.”
- Set up video interviews of philanthropists and public policy experts.
Editorial Associate & Intern, Influence & Co., Aug. 2015-Dec. 2015
- Collaborated on article topics that match clients’ marketing goals.
- Ghostwrote and edited articles, white papers and social media promotions for clients.